(i) NIT ANDHRA PRADESH
- Bioprocess engineering (BT 301)
- Bioprocess engineering Lab (BT 306)
(iI) IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- Bioprocess engineering (Theory+Lab)
- Fermentation Biotechnology
- Bioreactor Design and Analysis
- Heat and Mass Transfer (Theory + Lab)
- Constitution of India
- Experimental Biotechnology
- Worked as Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad January 2020 to June 2021
- Worked as Ad-hoc faculty in the Department of Biotechnology, NIT Andhra Pradesh Since July 2021
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- MHRD fellowship for pursuing Ph.D. from IIT-Delhi
- MHRD fellowship for pursuing M. Tech from IIT-Guwahati
- Won second prize in Hunt the junk at Tryst 2015, Annual Science, Technology and Management Festival of IIT Delhi.
- Won second prize in Bio entrepreneur at Tryst 2015, Annual Science, Technology and Management Festival of IIT Delhi.
IIT- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
Scale-up of PHB production using different bacterial species July 2014 to March 2021
- Statistically optimized the media recipe for PHB producing microbes
- Established the growth kinetics and PHB production protocol for different bacterial species
- Scale-up of the optimized PHB production protocol from 7L to 300L bioreactor
- Established the recovery protocol of PHB from gram-positive and negative bacterial biomass
- Used gas chromatography for PHB analysis
- Used HPLC for carbon source analysis
IIT- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Biodiesel production potential by Rhodococcus opacus PD630 grown using cheaply available industrial wastes July 2012 -April 2014
- Statistically optimized the media recipe for lipid accumulating microbes
- Established the growth and lipid accumulation kinetics protocol
- Established Gas Chromatography method for fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) analysis
- Used Paper chromatography, Thin Layer Chromatography, and FTIR for characterization of FAME
VIT- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Screening and characterization of bacterial pectinlyases from coconut and fruit industrial waste in Vellore and Chittoor July 2011 -April 2012
- Screened the pectinlyase producing microorganism
- Identified microorganisms were grown to produce pectinlyas
- Sanjay Kumar, Gopinath R., V. Suneetha. A review on potent biotechnological approach of bacterial alkaline pectinlyase enzyme in industrial sector. International Journal of Current Research 2012;4:091-094.
- Singhal Ashish, Kumari Shilpa, Raghavendra Raghav Singh, Kumar Sanjay, Rajendran N. Wheatgrass: an alternative household nutritional food security. International Research Journal of Pharmacy 2012; 3:2230- 8407.
- Atul Pradhan, Vidushi Kapoor, Sanjay Kumar, Prateek Tandon, Priyanka Kumari. Analytical techniques used for disease diagnosis – invasive and non-invasive tools. International Journal of Advance Research in Engineering and Technology 2013; 4:9-27
- Sanjay Kumar, Nikhil Gupta, Kannan Pakshirajan. Simultaneous lipid production and dairy wastewater treatment using Rhodococcus opacus in a batch bioreactor for potential biodiesel application. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 2015; 3:1630-1636.
- Member of organizing committee of a national conference on a topic entitled “CRISPR-Cas as an Emerging Tool for Genome Editing” held on February 2020 at IMS engineering college, Ghaziabad.
- Sanjay Kumar, Kannan Pakshirajan. Biodiesel production potential by Rhodococcus opacus PD630 grown using cheaply available industrial wastes. International Conference on Advance in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics 2013 at DPU Pune, India.
- Sanjay Kumar, A K Srivastava. Scale-up of PHB production using Azohydromonas australica. International conference on current trends in biotechnology 2016 at VIT University Vellore, TN, India.
- Sanjay Kumar, lovely, Ashok K. Srivastava. Scale-up of bio/copolymers production using Cupriavidus necator (DSM 545). BioTech 2017 and 7th Czech-Swiss Symposium at Prague, Czech Republic.
- Sanjay Kumar, Ashok K. Srivastava. Scale-up of biopolymer production up to 300L bioreactor using Cupriavidus necator (DSM 545). World Biotechnology, Food and Agriculture Conference 2018 at Stockholm, Sweden.
- Participated in "Recent Trends in Plant Physiology & Crop Improvement (ISSP-2010)” at VIT University, Vellore.
- Participated in “Food security – Issues and challenges 2015” at the institute of engineers (India), New Delhi.
- Sanjay Kumar, Ashok K. Srivastava. Mass scale production of biopolymer (PHB) by Cupriavidus necator using model-based fed-batch fermentation. Opportunities and Challenges in Fermentation Based Industrial Processes (IAMF-2018) at Jammu, India.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS/MOOC COURSES
- Participated in a Five-day online Faculty Development Program cum Webinar Series on “Latest Trends and Future Prospects of Biotechnology” organized by the Department of Biotechnology, NIT Andhra Pradesh from 06-07-2020 to 10-07-2020.
- Participated in a Five-day online AICTE sponsored QIP short-term course on “5R’S for sustainable waste management: Fundamentals and Technological Advance” organized by the Department of Chemical engineering & Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee from 22-02-2021 to 26-02-2021.
- Completed an edX-MOOC course of study entitled “The Health effects of climate change” offered by HarvardX, an online learning Initiative of Harvard (March 6, 2021).
- Training on “Quality control of milk product” in Organization “Saras Dairy Kota Zila Dugdh Utpadak Sahkari Sangh LTD”.
- Training on “Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme on Biotechnology” organized by MSME Development Institute, Chennai. This is held under the Government of India.