Courses being handled at NITAP (July-Dec 2021)
- BT201 Microbiology theory
- BT303 Immunology theory
- BT307 Immunology lab
Teaching assistant, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India (July 2019 to July 2020)
- Ranjana Kumari, Harsh Jaiswal, Trinath Chowdhury, (2021). Antibody conjugated magnetic nanoparticle based colorimetric assay for the detection and quantification of aflatoxin in wheat grains. World Mycotoxin Journal (Accepted for publication).
- Ranjana Kumari, Lakshmi E Jayachandran, Ananta K. Ghosh, (2019). Investigation of Diversity and Dominance of Fungal Biota in Stored Wheat Grains from Governmental Warehouses in West Bengal, India. Journal of the science of food and agriculture. 99(7):3490-3500.
- Ranjana Kumari, Harsh Jaiswal, Rashmi Bharti, Lakshmi E Jayachandran, Ananta K Ghosh, (2020). Anti-Proliferative and Apoptotic Effects of Aflatoxin B1 Purified from Aspergillus Flavus of Stored Wheat Grains in India on Human Cells. Advanced Journal of Toxicology: Current Research. 4(1):029-037.
- Lakshmi E Jayachandran, Ranjana Kumari, Srinivasa Rao Pavuluri, (2019). Modulation of Mycobiota Associated with Rice Stored in Bamboo Reinforced Concrete Silo- Molecular Identification and Phenotypic Characterization. Journal of stored products research.83:14-24.
- Trinath Chowdhury, Santi M. Mandal, Ranjana Kumari, and Ananta K. Ghosh, (2020). Purification and characterization of a novel antimicrobial peptide (QAK) from the hemolymph of Antheraea mylitta. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 527:411-417.
- Ranjana Kumari, V. K. Sharma and Pankaj Kumar, (2018). Molecular Characterization of Landraces and Improved Derivatives of Aromatic Rice Using Short Tandem Repeat Markers. Indian Research Journal of Genetics & Biotechnology. 10(2):189-201.
- Ranjana Kumari and Ananta K. Ghosh. Development of sensitive polyclonal antibodies against dominant stored wheat grain fungus for its immunological detection. Julius-Kühn-Archiv. 2018(463):1060-1066.
- Ranjana Kumari and Ananta K. Ghosh. Molecular characterization of fungi presents in stored food grains. In Food Process Engineering and Technology. 2016 (54):556-566.
- Ranjana Kumari, Ananta K. Ghosh, (2018), Purification and identification of a major cell wall glycoprotein from Aspergillus flavus. 2nd international conference on contemporary antimicrobial research (ICCAR18). Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. 15 – 17 December. Poster.
- Ranjana Kumari, Ananta K. Ghosh, (2018), Development of polyclonal antibodies against dominant stored wheat grain fungus for its immunological detection. 12th international working conference on stored product protection (IWCSPP18). Berlin, Germany. 07-11 October. Full paper published as conference proceeding. DOI 10.5073/jka.2018.463.235. Oral.
- Lakshmi E Jayachandran, Ranjana Kumari, Srinivasa Rao P (2018), Internal mycoflora associated with rice stored in bamboo reinforced concrete silo and polypropylene bag. International conference on recent advances in food process technology (iCRAFPT18). Indian institute of food process technology. Thanjavur, India, 17-19 August. Poster.
- Ranjana Kumari, Ananta K. Ghosh, (2017), Study of Diversity and Dominance of Mycoflora Present in Stored Wheat Grains and their Mycotoxigenic Potential. Annual Meeting of Institute of Food Technologists (IFT17). Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. 25-28 June. Poster.
- Ranjana Kumari, Ananta K. Ghosh, (2016), Molecular characterization of fungi present in stored food grains. International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Agricultural and Food Engineering (ETAE2016). Department of Agricultural and Food Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. 27 – 30 December. Full paper published as conference proceeding. Excel India Publisher, ISBN:978-93-86256-30-0. Oral.
- Ranjana Kumari, Vinay K Sharma, (2017), Molecular assessment of genetic diversity of some aromatic rice varieties and land races using STR markers. Advances in Life Sciences. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, India. 13 – 15 January. Poster
- Ranjana Kumari, (2010), National Seminar on Applications of Biotechnology and Development of Bihar, Central University of Bihar, Bihar Council of Science and Technology, Bihar, India. 22-24 March.
- Ranjana Kumari, (2011), National Symposium on Nanotechnology: Present Perspective and Future Directions (NPPFD2011), Mahavir Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Patna, Bihar. 9-10 April.
- Qualified CSIR NET 2017 (DEC) with AIR 44
- Qualified Assam SLET 2017
- Qualified ICAR NET 2015(II)
- Qualified DBT-JRF 2013
- Qualified GATE 2012 with AIR 404
- Qualified JNVST exam
- DBT JRF-SRF fellowship from Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India for pursue Ph.D. at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. July 2014 – July 2019
- MHRD Fellowship for M. Tech at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. July 2012-May 2014.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti fellowship for free residential education from class VI- XII.
- Workshop participation certificate on Hands on workshop on Next Generation sequencing to augment microbial research. Bose Institute, Kolkata, India. 14-18 Jan 2019.
- Workshop cum hands on training participation certificate on flow cytometry, automated DNA sequencing and real-time PCR. Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India. 19-20 March. 2018.
- Workshop participation certificate on Ethical & Legal Guidelines on Biomedical Research involving Human Participants. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. 3-4 Sept. 2017.
- Workshop participation certificate on Drug Discovery Technology. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India. 1-2 Sept. 2012.
- Workshop participation certificate on Animal Experimentation and instrumentation. Mahavir Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Patna, Bihar, India. 23rd April 2010.
- Practical training on plant tissue culture, plant genomic DNA isolation, gel electrophoresis of plant DNA and PCR amplification of plant genomic DNA. Indian Institute of Vegetable Research, Varanasi, UP, India. 1-15 Feb, 2010.
Extra and co-curricular activities
- General Secretary Maintenance of Sister Nivedita Hall of Residence, IIT Kharagpur for Year 2017-18.
- Selected as university player in Badminton and athletics.
- Won several prizes in different sports (Kabaddi, Javelin throw, Badminton, Table Tennis and Shot-Put throw) at school level and college level sports meets.