Courses being handled at NITAP
- Biostatistics - (BT305)
- Modelling, Simulation and Optimization of Bioprocess - Theory & Lab - (BT401)
- Mathematical modelling of dynamic growth of microbes and microbial product formation
- Statistical and Non-statistical optimization techniques for fermentation process.
- Statistical analysis and design of experiments to optimize the process parameters for the enhancement of microbial production
- Experience in handling laboratory fermenter, homogenizer and centrifuge
- Knowledge in handling analytical instruments – UV Spectrophotometer, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Software: MATLAB, GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Office, Minitab, Design Expert, Adobe Illustrator
Worked as an Assistant Professor at Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, June 2012 - June 2013.
- S.M. Pappu and S.N. Gummadi (2018) Effect of cosubstrate on xylitol production by Debaryomyces nepalensis NCYC 3413: a cybernetic modelling approach, Process Biochemistry, 69:12-21.
- S.M. Pappu and S.N. Gummadi (2017) Artificial neural network and regression coupled genetic algorithm to optimize parameters for enhanced xylitol production by Debaryomyces nepalensis in bioreactor, Biochemical Engineering Journal 120: 136 – 145.
- S.M. Pappu and S.N. Gummadi (2017) Second generation bioethanol production: Technical progress, possibilities and challenges. Journal of Energy and Environmental Sustainability 4: 36- 44.
- S.M. Pappu and S.N. Gummadi (2016) Modelling and simulation of xylitol production in bioreactor by Debaromyces nepalensis NCYC3413 using unstructured and artificial neural network models, Bioresource Technology 220: 490 – 499, doi;10.1016/j.biortech.2016.08.097.
- S.M. Pappu and S.N. Gummadi (2016) Multi response optimization for enhanced xylitol production by Debaryomyces nepalensis in bioreactor, 3 Biotech 6 (2): 151,S.M. Pappu, T. Basak and S.N. Gummadi (2015) Mathematical modeling of macroscale phenomena: Oxygen transfer for slid state fermentation in static tray bioreaction, British Biotechnology Journal 9: 1-14.
- S.M. Pappu, G.K. Vijayakumar, R. Viraraghavan (2013) Artificial neural network model for predicting production of Spirulina platensis in outdoor culture, Bioresource Technology 130:224 – 230.
- S.M Pappu and S.N. Gummadi, Cybernetic modeling of xylitol production by Debaryomyces nepalensis NCYC 3413 in batch reactor, The IV International Applied Mathematics, Modeling and Computational Science (AMMCS 2017), (August 20 – 25, 2017), Waterloo, Canada.
- S.M Pappu and S.N. Gummadi, Cybernetic modeling for xylitol production by Debaryomyces nepalensis NCYC 3413 in batch reactors, Bioprocessing India Conference 2016, CIAB, Mohali,Punjab, India, December 15-17, 2016.
- S.M Pappu and S.N. Gummadi, Unstructured modelling and optimization of physical parameters for enhanced xylitol production by Debarryomyces nepalensis in batch fermentation, International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ICACE) (December 20-22, 2015), NITK Surathkal, India.
- S.M Pappu and S.N. Gummadi, Uniform design method for optimization of physical parameters affecting xylitol production by Debaryomyces nepalensis NCYC 3413 in batch reactors, Bioprocessing India Conference 2015, Chennai, IIT Madras, India, December 17-19 201.
- Received fellowship from Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Government of India for pursuing PhD in Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai.
- Received fellowship from Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Government of India for pursuing M. Tech in PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Recipient of partial travel scholarship, “AMMCS 2017 Travel Award” for the oral presentation in “The IV International Applied Mathematics, Modelling and Computational Science (AMMCS 2017)”, held at Waterloo, Canada.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 with All India Rank – 243 out of 14000+ candidates in 2012
- Awarded second prize for academic excellence in 2nd and 3rd year of undergraduate course