Courses taught at Department of Chemical Engineering, NIT Andhra Pradesh in the semester AY 2021-2022 (September 2021-December 2021)
• Stochastic Estimation and Control, Stochastic Optimal Control, Nonlinear Control.
• Nonlinear State Estimation, Particle Filtering.
• Mathematical Modeling in Chemical Engineering, Fuel Cell Modeling.
• Programming: C, Fortran, MATLAB (Expert), SIMULINK (Expert), Python (Beginner).
• Other Tools: ANSYS FLUENT, SIMULINK, ICEM CFD, ASPEN PLUS, DWSIM.
• Operating Systems: Ubuntu, CentOS, Arch Linux, Windows, Mac OS.
Fellowships and Awards:
• Ministry of Human Resources & Development (MHRD) Fellowship 2013-2018.
(Ph.D. Teaching Assistantship)
• Ministry of Human Resources & Development (MHRD) Fellowship 2011-2013.
(M. Tech. Teaching Assistantship)
• Winner of European Control Association (EUCA) Student Travel Support Program 2020.
• All India Rank 221 in GATE 2008, 184 in GATE 2009, 1047 in GATE 2011.
• Secured University 3rd position in B. Tech Chemical Engineering - Andhra University (2005-2009).
• Secured a rank 1810 among 1,14,742 candidates in EAMCET 2005.
• Shortlisted for India UK Common Wealth Fellowship Interview to pursue masters in environmental
science domain from the state of Andhra Pradesh in 2009. (only candidate)
List of Publications:
1. Venkata Goutham Polisetty, Santhosh Kumar Varanasi, Phanindra Jampana, Stochastic State-Feedback Control Using Homotopy Optimization and Particle Filtering. (accepted)
International Journal of Dynamics and Control. July 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40435-021-00853-w
2. Venkata Goutham Polisetty, Santhosh Kumar Varanasi, Phanindra Jampana, Convergence of Particle Filter for Output Feedback Control, 2020 European Control Conference (ECC),
Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2020, pp. 1745-1750, IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
3. Koteswara Rao Kandukuri, Venkata Goutham Polisetty, Phanindra Jampana, Modeling and Control Study of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell at Low Operating Pressures, IFAC-PapersOnLine,
Vol 53(1), 289-294, ACODS-2020, Chennai, India.
4. Venkata Goutham Polisetty, Santhosh Kumar Varanasi, Phanindra Jampana, Error Bounds for Identification of a Class of Continuous LTI systems, IFAC-PapersOnLine Vol 52(1), 418-
423, DYCOPS-2019, Florianopolis, Brazil.
5. Dayadeep S Monder, Venkata Goutham Polisetty, Phanindra Jampana, Vinod M Janardhanan, A Distributed Parameter Model for a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell: Simulating
Realistic Operating Conditions, IFAC-PapersOnLine Vol 8(8), 734-739, ADCHEM 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
6. Santhosh Kumar Varanasi, Chaitanya Manchikatla, Venkata Goutham Polisetty, Phanindra Jampana, Sparse Optimization for Image Reconstruction in Electrical Impedance
Tomography, IFAC-PapersOnLine Vol 52(1), 34-39, DYCOPS-2019, Florianopolis, Brazil.
1. V Goutham Polisetty, Amala M Mathai, Abhijit P Deshpande, Susy Varughese, Dynamics of Water Diffusion in Sulphonated Poly Ether Ether Ketone Membranes, Symposium on Recent and Emerging Advances in Chemical Engineering (REACH), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India. December 2-4, 2010.
Co-curricular & Extra curricular activities: