1. Courses Taught
1. Randomized and Approximation Algorithms
2. Performance Modeling
3. Distributed and Grid Computing
4. Machine Learning
5. Design and Analysis of Parallel Algorithms
6. Probabilistic Graphical Modeling
1. Data Structures and Algorithms
2. Design and Analysis of Algorithms
3. Theory of Computation
4. System Software
5. Operating Systems
5. Compiler Design
6. Grid Computing
7. Object Oriented Programming
8. Problem Solving using Computers
9. Artificial Intelligence
10. Service Oriented Architecture
11. Applied Machine Learning
2. Professional (Work) Experience
a. Worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India.
b. Worked as an IT Associate in Morgan Stanley, Mumbai, India.
c. Worked as an Assistant Systems Engineer in Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai, India.
3. Select Publications
a. Books :
1. K. Viswanathan Iyer, Karthick S, Book on Discrete Mathematics, In the pipeline to be published (Cengage Publishers)
2.Book Chapter on Leveraging Social Networks for Smart Cities: A Case-Study in Mitigation of Air Pollution, Book Series: Communications in Computer and Information Science 808, Springer, pp. 179–193, 2018.
3.Raja Subramanian, Karthick Seshadri, Book Chapter on "Design and Evaluation of a Hybrid Hierarchical Feature Tree based Authorship Inference Technique", Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, pp. 89-104, June 2018.
1. S. Karthick, K. Viswanathan Iyer, S. Mercy Shalinie, Design and evaluation of a parallel document clustering algorithm based on hierarchical latent semantic analysis, International journal of Concurrency and Computation, Wiley, Dec 2018, DOI: 10.1002/cpe.5094.
2. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Sidharth Manohar, A Distributed Parallel Algorithm For Inferring Hierarchical Groups From Large-Scale Text Corpuses, Wiley-Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Nov 2017. (Special Accept conferred by the Editor)
3. S.Karthick, K. Viswanathan Iyer, Parallelization of a dynamic SVD algorithm and its application in information retrieval, International Journal of Software: Practice and Experience40(10), Wiley, Sept. 2010 [Normalized Impact Factor: 1.161]
4. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Chidambaram Kollengode, Design and Evaluation of a Parallel Algorithm for Inferring Topic Hierarchies, Information Processing and Management 51 (2015), pp. 662-676, Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.ipm.2015.06.006 [Impact Factor: 2.391]
5. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Parallelization of a graph-cut based algorithm for hierarchical clustering of web documents, International Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley, Apr, 2015, DOI: 10.1002/cpe.3545 (In Press) [Source Normalized Impact Factor: 1.133]
c. Conferences/Technical Report:
1. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Parallel Hierarchical Subspace Clustering for Segmenting Large Text Corpuses, IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Informatics, Mar 2017. (Accepted)
2. S.Karthick, S. Umabharathi, S. Kavya Saroja, Parallelization and Dimensionality Reduction for Hierarchical Document Clustering, Conference on Semantics Based Information Retrieval, NIT-Trichy, June, 2016.
3. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Setting up a Log management System in a Data Center, Open Source For You, pp. 40-42, Aug 2015 [Technical Report]
4. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Parallel Algorithms for Merging Topic Trees, Proceedings of the International ACM KDD Conference CODS-2015, Bangalore, India
5. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Chidambaram Kollengode, A Sparsification Technique For Fast Hierarchical Community Detection in Social Networks, Proc. of the International IEEE Conference on Eco-Friendly Computing and Communication Systems, NIT-K, Mangalore, Dec 2014.
6. S. Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Effect of Multi-word Features on the Hierarchical Clustering of Web Documents, IEEE International conference on Recent Trends in IT at Anna University-Chennai, April 2014
7. S. Karthick, Get Your Hands on Code Validator, Open Source For You, Jan 2014 [Technical Report].
8. S.Karthick, S. Mercy Shalinie, Setting up a cloud in an engineering college, LFY Magazine, pp. 25-27 [Technical Report]
9. S.Karthick, K Viswanthan Iyer, A meta-search engine using a latent semantic indexing based clustering algorithm, Adv Pattern Mining and Multimedia Computing Conference, APMMC 2010, NIT Trichy.
10. Raja Subramanian, Karthick Seshadri, "Design and Evaluation of a Hybrid Hierarchical Feature Tree based Authorship Inference Technique", International Conference on Data and Information Systems, Nov 2017.
4. Research Projects :
1. Collaborative Project with Nokia (R&D) on Recommender Systems and Text Analytics (PI).
2. Collaborative Project with Honeywell Technology Solutions on Multi-word Tagging and Sentiment Analysis (Co-PI).
3. Collaborative Project with Yahoo! on Parallel Machine Learning Algorithms for Topic Modeling (Co-Investigator).
4. Social Outreach Programme, FOSSEE, Sponsored by IIT-Bombay (Co-Investigator).
5. Community detection on mobile networks, Idiap research institute, Switzerland (PI)
1.Filed an Indian patent entitled “System and Methods for on the fly intelligent knowledge acquisition and context aware scribing using IoT” (Ref no: 201841023572).
1. Developed an algorithm for Top K aggregated ranking framework for Enixta, Hyderabad.
2. A project entitled “Toll booth Automation” for Madurai Corporation, Tamilnadu.
3. A project entitled “Automation of Postings” for Aravind Eyecare Systems, Madurai, Tamilnadu.
4. A project on Avionics Systems with Honeywell, Madurai.
5. A Project on performance evaluation of Enixta's sentiment analysis algorithms, Enixta, Hyderabad.
1. Ph.D. and M.S. (by research) supervisorship granted. Ref No 3040035, Anna University, Chennai
2. Best Research Poster Award at ACM KDD conference in Bangalore 2015, ACM
3. ICPC Coach Award, ACM
4. Certificate of accomplishment from Prof. Andrew N.G. for having completed and secured 100% in his online machine learning course , Prof. Andrew N.G.
5. Received a certificate of accomplishment from Prof Peter Norvig and Prof. Sebastian Thrun, for having secured 99.5% in their online Artificial Intelligence class, Prof. Peter Norvig and Prof. Sebastian Thrun (top 5% of the world wide class)
6. Sun Certified web component developer, Sun Microsystems
7. Recipient of the gold medal in NIT Trichy with a CGPA of 10 in M.Tech., NIT Trichy
8. Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Microsystems
9. IBM Certified DB2 Professional, IBM
10. Sun Certified Java Web Services developer, Sun Microsystems
11. Conferred with the Outstanding student award for the academic year 2008-2009 at NIT Trichy, NIT Trichy
12. Academic Proficiency Award and Medal for securing the first rank in M.Tech. (CS), NIT Trichy
13. Recipient of the Academic Proficiency Award for securing the first rank in B.E. (CSE) , Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
14. Qualified in GATE 2018 in Computer Science and Information Technology (CS) with a 98.42 percentile score.
15. Certificate for having secured an 'Excellent' grade in Machine Learning and IoT Gian course at IIT-Patna by Prof. Ramki Thurimella (University of Denver)
16. Secured a C2 (Expert band) in IELTS with an overall score of 8.5 out of 9 (L: 9, R: 8.5, S: 8.5, W: 7.5)
17. State Rank: 4 in the Computer Science and Engineering TRB Exam conducted by the Govt. of Tamilnadu
18. Qualified in UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) in Computer Science with an All India Rank 3
19. Qualified in Tamilnadu State Lecturer's Eligibility Test (TN SLET) in Computer Science
20. Secured Ex grade (Excellent) in the Design of Algorithms course offered by IIT-Kharagpur
21. Underwent a two-week research internship on Machine Learning in the Reconfigurable Intelligent Systems Engineering (RISE) lab at IIT-Madras under the guidance of Prof. B. Ravindran
22. Deployed a private cloud in TCE Data Center using Openstack
23. Received a mail from Prof. Sebastian Thrun Stanford University for securing perfect scores in the assignments of his course on Artificial Intelligence through Coursera.
24. Cleared the Technology Analyst program at Morgan Stanley-Mumbai
25. Star of AXA award in TCS-Chennai
26. FileNet Certified Professional from IBM
28. Certificate of Merit and medal by the then Hon'ble Minister for Education Dr. M. Thambi Durai for securing state first in Sanskrit HSC Exams.
29. Obtained a sanction order from SERB conferring the TARE fellowship (Approval No: TAR/2018/000314).
30. Board of Studies member for the BoS held in Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Tamilnadu, Anna University on 1 Dec 2018.
31. Delivered the keynote talk as the chief guest in the Institution of Engineers, Madurai on the occasion of world telecommunication and information society day on the theme "Enabling the positive use of AI for all" on 17th May 2018.
32. Secured the Australian Discovery Project fellowship offered by the Swinburne University of Technology, Australia in 2018 (However, this fellowship was not utilized by me!).
1.Life Member in Computer Society of India.
Latent Factor Models - Recommender Systems
Thiagarajar College of Engineering
Honeywell Technology Solutions, Madurai
Parallel Programming For Data Analytics
College of Engineering, Adoor, Kerala
FDP on Parallel Program Development and Challenges
KLN College of Engg, Sivagangai
Activity Based Learning using moodle
Clustering high dimensional data
National Institute of Technology, Trichy
Hadoop implementation and use cases session
IBM R & D (through Video Conferencing)
FDP on Computer Architecture at Thiagarajar College of Engineering
Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
Thiagarajar college of Engg, Madurai
|Parallel Program Development for Big Data Analytics||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai|