Interested students can contact for Internships. Please write to email@example.com along with resume.
Additional Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Head, Department of Electrical Engineering, NIT Andhra Pradesh
- Associate Dean, Industrial Outreach & International Affairs, NIT Andhra Pradesh
- Chairperson, Media Interface Group, NIT Andhra Pradesh
- Coordinator, NIRF Committee, NIT Andhra Pradesh
- Chair, PELS/IAS/PES Joint Chapter, IEEE Vizag Bay Section
- Faculty Coordinator – IBM Academic Initiative Program, NIT Andhra Pradesh
- Coordinator - Coursera for Campus program, NIT Andhra Pradesh
- Faculty Coordinator – Departmental Training & Placements
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, De Gruyter
- IEEE Senior Member - PES, PELS, IAS & IES, Standards Association
Branch Counselor, NIT AP IEEE Student Branch
Branch Advisor, NIT AP IEEE PES, IAS & PELS SB Chapters
- IEEE Brand Ambassador
- IEEE Young Professional
- Chartered Engineer (IE-I)
- Member, Institute of Engineers (India)
- Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Member, International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
- Member, E4C Community (Supported by ASME, IEEE, ASCE)
- Professional Member, Automatic Control & Dynamic Optimization Society (ACDOS)
- Ph.D - Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi, 2009 - 2013.
Thesis: Investigations on Renewable Energy based Single Phase Power Generation using Self Excited Induction Generators (Supervisors : Prof. S.S. Murthy & Prof. Bhim Singh)
- M.Tech - Power Electronics and Drives, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, 2007 – 2009.
- B.Tech - Electrical & Electronics Engineering, PBR VITS, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, 2003 – 2007.
- Assistant Professor (Regular), Dept. of Electrical Engineering, NIT Andhra Pradesh, 22 Nov 2019 to till date.
- Assistant Professor (Regular), Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Central University of Karnataka (CUK), 25 Nov 2013 to 21 Nov 2019.
- Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi, Aug 2009 – May 2013.
- Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Ropar, Jan 2010 – May 2010.
- Intern Researcher, General Electric (GE) Global Research Centre, Bangalore, May 2010 – July 2010.
Project Title: Design, Simulation and Optimization of Energy Efficient Single phase Induction Motor for domestic appliance applications
Sponsored / Research Projects Undertaken:
- UGC Research Grant for “Design and Development of Energy Efficient Electric Generators for Renewable Energy Applications”
- IEEE R10 SAC Membership Development and Leadership Training Fund 2020 for “Accelerating Membership Development Drive and Leadership Training Programs”
- Seed Grant Fund 2020 for “Design and Development of Small Scale Wind Energy Generating Systems”
- IEEE R10 HTA Initiate Program Support Fund 2020 for“Intelligent Health Monitoring System for the People during COVID-19 Outbreak”
- MATLAB/Simulink, SPEED, Magnet, Motorsolve, Flux, Motor-CAD, Ansys -Maxwell, MiPower, Homer –Pro, DigSILENT, PSPICE, Python
Panchada Ch V. Govindu, Basavaprabhu Hosamani, Smriti Moi, Dhananjeyan Venkatachalam, Sabreddy Asha, Varun N. John, V. Sandeep and Hanumae Gowd “A COMPOUND WITH IMPROVED PHOTOSTABILITY UNDER SUNLIGHT” Indian Patent Filed. (No.IN/PA-1433) – In collaboration with IISc Bangalore.
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2013 for“Novel Stand-alone 1-Phase AC Generator for Rural Electrification using Renewable Energy” bySRISTI Foundation and Supported by National Innovation Foundation & Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Selected as amongst the top 24 innovators across the country by Economic Times NOW and Times NOW for the show “Power of Shunya - Challenge for Zero” in Sep. 2013.
- Recognized as a “Corporate Finalist” at the 3M-CII Innovation Challenge 2014.
- Selected in Top 10 Innovative Projects Award 2014 at Doctoral Level by Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), Govt of India.
- Best Research Paper Award and Silver Medal, by Railway Board and Institution of Engineers, Dec 2017
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Life Time Achievement National Award 2017 for remarkable achievements in field of Teaching, Research and Publications by International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms.
- Participated in Festival of Innovation atRashtrapati Bhavanon 07th March 2015 by National Innovation Foundation, Govt of India.
- Listed in uLektz Wall of Fame with recognition as top 50 Expert Faculties in the field of Engineering across India 2019.
- Young Faculty Award in Electrical Engineering 2020 by VISTA Foundation
- Mentor for IEEE Bangalore Section -Humanitarian Technology Project Funding 2020 (IEEE BS-SHTPF 2020) project “Prototype for research quadcopter” by Mr. Atmadeep
- IEEE R10 SAC Membership Development and Leadership Training Fund 2020 for “Accelerating Membership Development Drive and Leadership Training Programs at NIT AP”
- Proctor for IEEEXtreme 14.0 Programming Competition 2020, NIT AP
- Best socially relevant academic project on “Design and Development of a novel 5 kW 1- Phase AC Generator for Bio-energy based power generation” at Gandhi Jayanti Celebrations, NRCVEE, IIT Delhi, 2nd Oct. 2011.
- Best Poster presentation Award for “Analysis, Design and Development of a novel 1- phase 5 kW Self Excited Induction Generator for Renewable Energy Applications” at Seminar cum exhibition on “Renewable Energy – Technology, Production, Finance & Research organized by IIT Delhi Alumni Association on 12th Nov. 2011.
- Best Poster presentation Award for “Low Carbon Novel Stand-Alone Green Technology for Renewable Energy Based Power Generation” at National Science Day celebrations at IIT Delhi, 28th Feb, 2012.
- One of Finalist of IITD Class of 89 Innovation Award –2012 for the topic on Standalone Single Phase AC Generator for Rural Electrification in India – A Novel Green Energy Technology.
- Guided the project “IoT based Smart Garbage Monitoring System” by Sneha & Adwaith selected for IEEE Bangalore Section Student Innovation Fund 2018.
- Most Promising IEEE Student Branch 2018 Award, from IEEE Bangalore Section
- Proctor for IEEEXtreme 12.0 Programming Competition held on 20 Oct 2018 at CUK.
- Proctor for IEEEXtreme 13.0 Programming Competition held on 19 Oct 2019 at CUK.
- Elevated to Senior Member of IEEE in March 2018 by IEEE USA.
- IEEE Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award 2019 for CUK (Branch Counsellor) from IEEE.
- Secured 5th Rank in Proctor’s programming at IEEEXtreme 13.0 Programming Competition (World’s biggest online 24 hours programming) on 19 Oct 2019.
- Mentor, IEEE Student Team, CUK – Winners of prestigious "IEEE Student Ethics Competition 2019" flagship event of IEEE Bangalore Section and awarded with 400 US Dollars.
- IEEE Young Professional from 2014 till date
- IEEE Brand Ambassador from Jan 2020 to till date.
- IEEE PES HPSBCP (High Performing Student Branch Chapter Program) Award 2020 to CUK, as Branch Advisor. 6th place in R10, 1st place in Bangalore section and won 250 USD reward.
- IEEE Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award 2020, for CUK (Branch Counsellor) from IEEE
- IEEE R10 HTA Initiate Program Support Fund 2020 Winner and won 2000 USD.
- IEEE India Council Outstanding Young Professional Award 2020
- IEEE PES Day 2021 Vizag Bay Section Ambassador
- Best Paper Award for the Research Article Presentation on “Design and Simulation of Hydrogen Filling Station for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Charging Applications” 2nd Electric Power and Renewable Energy Conference (EPREC 2021), 28 - 30 May 2021, organized by NIT Jamshedpur.
- Best Paper Award for the Research Article Presentation on “Design of Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor for Electric Vehicle Traction Application” 2nd Electric Power and Renewable Energy Conference (EPREC 2021), 28 - 30 May 2021, organized by NIT Jamshedpur.
International Journals (indexed in Scopus / SCI) : 25
International Conferences : 20
National Symposiums : : 05
Teaching – Learning Manuals : 05
Ph.D Thesis: (Awarded) : 02
Ph.D Thesis: (on-going) : 06
M.Tech Thesis: (completed) : 28
M.Tech Thesis: (on-going) : 02
B.Tech Thesis: (completed) : 20
Research Interns (completed) : 50
Special / Popular lectures delivered as a Resource Person: 61
Session Chair / Technical Chairs / Advisory Committees at Conferences : 16
Seminars/ Workshops / Programs organized at CUK : 100 (from 2014 to 2019)
Seminars/ Workshops / Programs organized at NIT Andhra Pradesh : 25 (From Jan 2020 to till date)
Industrial Visits arranged for Students : 10
Events organized for IEEE PELS/IAS/PES Joint Chapter, Vizag Bay Section as a Chair : 53 (From Sep 2020 to till date)