Dr. J KRISHNAMURTHY
Department of Physics,
NIT -Andhra Pradesh-534101
E-Mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone : +917975624892
Ph.D. in Physics, awarded in March 2015.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721302, India.
Title of thesis: "Multiferroicity, Phase separation and magnetic field-driven Phenomena in R2CoMnO6 (R= La, Gd, Y) and La2- xSrxCoMnO6systems”
M. Sc. in Physics, 2006 from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh-517507, India.
B. Sc. in Physics, 2003 from Sri Venkateswara Arts College, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh-517507, India.
INSPIRE FACULTY 2016 Award from Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship 2015, from University of Grants Commission, New Delhi.
Best Presentation Award, for the work “Size-dependent magnetic properties of La2CoMnO6” in research scholar’s day -2012 in Cryogenic Engineering Centre, IIT Kharagpur.
For the paper “Magnetocaloric effect in La2CoMnO6 double perovskite system, " Best Poster Presentation Award at DAE-SSPS-2011, SRM University, Chennai, India.
Received Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to work on the project entitled “Synthesis and multiferroic properties of AFe12O19 (A= Ba, Sr) nanoparticles reinforced polymer nanocomposites for space applications (NAS), sponsored by CSIR, New Delhi, from July-2009 – June 31st -2010 at Cryogenic Engineering Centre, IIT Kharagpur.
Qualified “National Eligibility Test (NET)-December 2009 in “Physical Sciences” and awarded “CSIR-UGC-Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)” to carry out advanced research in reputed institutes of India.
Qualified “Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2009 in Physics.
Magnetic-field-driven phenomena in novel multiferroic materials:
(i) Magnetic and dipolar ordering and the so-called "multi glass" behavior
(ii) Metamagnetism and phase separation
(iii) Magnetocaloric, electrocaloric, and multicaloric effect in multiferroic materials
(iv) Magnetic order drove ferroelectricity
(v) Conventional and spontaneous exchange bias effects, and
(vi) Magnetotransport and Magnetodielectric properties at cryogenic temperatures
“Electric-field control of spontaneous and conventional exchange bias effects in magnetic multilayers, Grant amount of 85 Lakhs INR funded by DST- Inspire Faculty scheme, 2016-2021, PI.
"Multiferroic Materials for Future Electromagnetic based Solid-State Refrigeration Technology" International project with a grant amount of 77 Lakhs INR funded by INDIA –TAIWAN PROGRAMME IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 2021-2024, PI.
Synthesis of Oxide Materials
Polycrystalline samples in bulk and nanoparticles form and thin films and investigate their structural, magnetic, magnetotransport, and multiferroic properties.
Thin-film deposition techniques: Pulsed laser deposition, DC and RF sputtering, Thermal Evaporation.
Synthesis techniques: Solid-state synthesis, Solution combustion, Sol-Gel.
- Impedance spectroscopy
- High temperature and low-temperature AC, DC magnetotransport
- X-ray diffraction for bulk and thin films
- Magnetometry using Magneto-Optic Kerr effect
- Magnetometry with Physical Property Measurement system and SQUID
- Transport and Magnetotransport and multiferroic properties with Physical Property Measurement system
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Raman, and UV-Visible spectroscopy
Skills in maintaining vacuum and cryogenic systems.
Assistant professor at NIT – Andhra Pradesh from July 2018
DST Inspire Faculty of Physics, at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, from March 2016 to July 2018
Dr. D S Kothari post-doctoral fellow at IISc Bengaluru from September 2015 to 01 March 2016 in the Magnetism group.
The experience of teaching physics at an undergraduate and pre-university level for two years (2006-2008).
Worked as JRF on hexagonal ferrites and polymer composites for Space applications at Cryogenic Engineering Centre, Kharagpur, India (2009-2010).
Having two years (2006-2008) teaching experience as Lecturer for graduation students, worked at Sri Srinivasa Degree College, Madanapalli, Andhrapradesh, India.
Teaching at NIT-Andhra Pradesh:
Engineering Physics (PH101)- 3 Credit.
Engineering Physics Laboratory (PH102)-2 Credit.
Nanomaterials & Technology (PH440)-3 Credit.
Principles and Techniques of Materials Characterization (19PPH901)-4 Credit.
Nanomagnetism (19PPH902)-4 Credit.
Details of M.Sc/UG (guided)
M. Sc. guidance Undergraduate guidance
3 (completed), 3 (completed)
(a) Publications in peer-reviewed Journals:
- J Krishnamurthy and Venimadhav Adyam, "Magnetic field-induced metamagnetic, magnetocaloric and pyrocurrent behaviors of Eu2CoMnO6", Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 500 (15) 166387 (2020).
- J Krishnamurthy and P S Anil Kumar, "Field-cooling induced giant vertical magnetization shift in frustrated low dimensional spin-chain Sr3NiIrO6 system", Materials Research Express, 6 (10), 106101 (2019).
- J Krishnamurthy, N Nileena, V S Vishnugopal, P S Anil Kumar, "Partially-disordered to frozen-state crossover induced magnetocaloric properties of the antiferromagnetic one-dimensional spin-chain Sr3CoIrO6", Materials Research Express, 6, 056104 (2019).
- S Mallesh, J Krishnamurthy, A K Das, A Venimadhav, D C Kakarla, "Anomalous freezing of dielectric polarons near magnetic ordering in multiferroic La0.5Bi0.5FeO3" Ceramics International, 45(5), 6250-6254 (2019).
- K Devi Chandra Sekhar, J Krishna Murthy, J. -Y Lin, H C Wu, H D Yang, "Observation of oscillating like magnetocaloric effect in multiferroic Ni0.95Zn0.05CrO4", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 771, 15, 674-679 (2019).
- J Krishna Murthy and P S Anil Kumar, Interface-induced spontaneous positive and conventional negative exchange bias effects in bilayer La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/Eu0.45Sr0.55MnO3 heterostructures”, Scientific Reports (Nature), 7, 6919 (2017).
- J Krishna Murthy, G Jyotsna, Nileena Nandakumaran, P S Anil Kumar, “Strain-induced ferromagnetism, absence of exchange bias effect and magnetoresistance in La1.5Sr0.5CoMnO6 epitaxial thin films” Journal of Applied Physics 122 (6), 065307.
- J. Krishna Murthy, and A. Venimadhav, “4f-3d exchange coupling induced exchange bias and field-induced Hopkinson peak effects in Gd2CoMnO6, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 719, 341-346 (2017).
- K. Devi Chandrasekhar, J. Krishna Murthy, A. Venimadhav and H. D. Yang, “Magnetostructural coupling and Ferroelectricity in Ni1-xZnxCr2O4 solid solutions", Physical Review B 94, 205143 ((2016).
- N Vijay Prakash Chaudhury, J Krishna Murthy, A. Venimadhav, “Absence of dipolar ordering in Co-doped CuO”, Solid-state communications, 247, 36-39 (2016)
- Sadan Chandra, S Sujoy, Dutta Alo, J Krishna Murthy, Venimadhav, T. Sinha, " Magnetodielectric effect and the ferroelectricity in ordered double perovskite Lu2NiMnO6", Journal of Applied Physics, 120, 134102 (2016)
- J. Krishna Murthy, K. Devi Chandrasekhar and A. Venimadhav, "Observation of Griffiths-like phase and its tunability in La2Ni1-xCoxMnO6 (0<x<1) nanoparticles", Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 418, 15 2016.
- J. Krishna Murthy, K. D. Chandrasekhar, H. C. Wu, H. D. Yang, J. Y. Lin and A. Venimadhav, “Antisite disorder driven spontaneous exchange bias effect in La2-xSrxCoMnO6 (0≤x≤1)” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 28 (8), 086003, 2015.
- J. Krishna Murthy, K. Devi Chandrasekhar and A. Venimadhav, “Giant magnetocaloric effect in Gd2NiMnO6 and Gd2CoMnO6 ferromagnetic insulators” Journal of Physics D. Applied Physics, 48, 355001 (2015).
- J. Krishna Murthy, K. Devi Chandrasekhar, S. Murugavel, and A. Venimadhav, “Investigation of the intrinsic origin of MD effect in La2CoMnO6: Role of magnetic disorder effects” Journal of materials chemistry C, 3, 836 (2015).
- J. Magesh, P. Murgavel, J. Krishna Murthy, V. Adya, and W. Prellier, “A study of magnetic ordering in multiferroic hexagonal Ho1-xDyxMnO3” Journal of Applied Physics, 117, 836 (2015).
- J. Krishna Murthy, K. D. Chandrasekhar, H. C.Wu, H. D. Yang, J. Y. Lin and A. Venimadhav “Metamagnetic behavior and effect of field cooling on sharp magnetization jumps in multiferroic Y2CoMnO6” Europian physics letters, 108, 27013 (2014).
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Multicaloric effect in Y2CoMnO6 multiferroic system”. Journal of Physics D. Applied Physics, 47, 445002 (2014).
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Magnetization reversal phenomena and bipolar switching in La1.9Bi0.1FeCrO6”, Physica B, 448, 162 (2014).
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Giant zero field cooled spontaneous exchange bias effect in phase separated La1.5Sr0.5CoMnO6” Applied Physics Letters, 103 252410 (2013).
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Reentrant cluster glass behavior in La2CoMnO6 nanoparticles” Journal of Applied Physics, 113,163906 (2013).
- J. Krishna Murthy, C. Mitra, S. Ram, A. Venimadhav, “Temperature dependent magnetic and dielectric properties of M-type hexagonal BaFe12O19 nanoparticles”. Journal of alloys and compounds, 545, 225 (2012).
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Magnetodielectric behavior in La2CoMnO6 nanoparticles” Journal of Applied Physics, 111, 024102 (2012).
- K. Devi Chandrasekhar, S. Mallesh, J. Krishna Murthy, A. K. Das and A. Venimadhav, “Role of defects and oxygen vacancies on dielectric and magnetic properties of Pb2+ ion-doped LaFeO3 polycrystalline ceramics”, Physica B, 448, 304 (2014).
- K. Devi Chandrasekhar, J. Krishna Murthy, A. K. Das and A Venimadhav, “Dielectric and Magnetodielectric properties of R2NiMnO6 (R= Nd, Eu, Gd, Dy, and Y)”, Journal of American Ceramic Society, 97, 2858 (2014).
- Venimadhav, Devi Chandrasekhar, and J. Krishna Murthy “Intrinsic and extrinsic contributions to magnetodielectric effect in double perovskite La2CoMnO6 nanoparticles”, Applied Nanoscience, 3, 25-28 (2013).
(b) Conference Proceedings:
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Unusual magnetodielectric response in La2CoMnO6 nanoparticles” AIP Conference Proceedings, 1447, 1239 (2012).
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Magnetocaloric effect in double perovskite La2CoMnO6” AIP Conference Proceedings, 1447, 1235 (2012). [This work was received the “Best Poster Award”].
- J. Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, “Size-dependent magnetic properties of double perovskite La2CoMnO6 nanoparticles”, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1536, 1053 (2013).
(c) Publications under review/to be submitted:
- Ch. Venkatesh, V.Srinivas, J. Krishna Murthy, A. Venimadhav, V. Raghavendra Reddy and V. V. Rao, “Magnetic and electrical transport in Boron doped Fe2VAl Heusler alloy”, under review in Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials.
- J. Krishna Murthy and A.Venimadhav, “Magnetic-field-induced spin-glass and exchange bias effect in Re2CoMnO6”.
- J Krishna Murthy and A. Venimadhav, "Evolution of Critical exponents and multiferroic behavior in Gd2CoMnO6".
Book on “Multiferroicity, Phase separation and Magnetic Field Driven Phenomena” published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing Group, 2016.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Life member of Magnetic Society of India (MSI).
1. Prof. Venimadhav Adyam
Professor, Cryogenic Engineering Centre,
Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur,
2. Prof. P. S. Anil Kumar,
M.Sc., Ph. D.
Professor, Department of Physical Sciences,
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru- 560012, India
E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: +91-9483005891
3. Prof. S V Bhatt
Professor & INSA Senior Scientist
Department of Physics,
Indian Institute of Science- Bengaluru-560012, India
Tel: 080- 2293 2727
I hereby declare that the information furnished above is true to the best of my knowledge.
Place: NIT-Andhra Pradesh, India.