SC/ST cell has been constituted in the National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh as per the instructions of Government of India, Ministry of Personal, Public Grievances and Pension (Department of Personal and Training) vide office memorandum No. 43011/153/2010-Estt. (Res) dated 4th January, 2013.
- Grievances redress for the grievances of SC/ST students and employees and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- Promotes higher education among the SC/ST or weaker communities that are suffering from economic, social and educational deprivations.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates the reservation policies and other programs intended for SC/STs by the Government of India for their effective implementation at National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh.
- Suggests the follow-up measures to the administration of the Institute for achieving the objectives and targets laid down by Ministry of Human Resource Development for the empowerment of SC/STs.
- Coordinating scholarship schemes for the benefit of the students belonging to SC/STs.
- Special coaching for SC/ST students.
- Conducting/Coordinating training programmes for students and staff (Teaching and Non-Teaching).