- Assistant Professor (Adhoc); Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh, India, 534101 (22nd August 2022-Till date).
- Senior Research Fellow; INUP-i2i, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India, 781039 (3rd January 2022-12th August 2022).
- Synthesis and characteristics analysis of carbon dots(CDs)
- Photoluminescence (PL) based sensing of Cr(VI), Fe (III), picric acid in real watersamples
- Characteristics analysis of CD-MWCNTnanocomposites
- Synthesis and characterizations of ZnOnanorods
- Fabrication of Schottky diode based UVphotodetector
- Fabrication of photoresponsive hybridsupercapacitor
- Fabrication of PDMS based continuous reactor for the electrochemical reduction of CO2 to formic acid
- CO gas sensing by PDDA-MWCNTnanocomposite
- Paperbasedflexibleandself-poweredUVphotodetector.RupamSinha,NirmalRoy,andTapasK. Mandal, 202031051178 A. Date of application: 24/11/2020. Date of Abstract publication: 27/05/2022.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- SWCNT/ZnO nanocomposite decorated with carbon dots for photoresponsive supercapacitor applications.RupamSinha,NirmalRoy,andTapasK.Mandal, Chem. Eng. J., 431, 133915, 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2021.133915
- N-Doped Carbon Dot from Cigarette-Tobacco: Picric Acid Sensing in Real Water Sample and Synthesis of CD-MWCNT Nano-Composite for UV-Photodetection. Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy, Ravula Rajasekhar, Aabhas Karnawat and Tapas K. Mandal, J. Env. Chem. Eng., 9, 104971, 2021. DOI:10.1016/j.jece.2020.104971
- Growth of Carbon Dot-Decorated ZnO Nanorods on a Graphite-Coated Paper Substrate to Fabricate a Flexible and Self-Powered Schottky Diode for UV Detection. Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy and Tapas K. Mandal, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 12, 33428-33438, 2020. DOI: 10.1021/acsami.0c10484
- Highly sensitive room temperature CO gas sensor based on MWCNT-PDDA composite. Nirmal Roy, Rupam Sinha, Thomas T. Daniel, Harshal B. Nemade and Tapas K. Mandal, IEEE Sens. J., 2020. DOI:10.1109/JSEN.2020.3004994
- Continuous Semi-Micro Reactor Prototype for the Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 into Formic Acid. Rupam Sinha, Agam Bisht, Saptak Rarotra and Tapas K. Mandal, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 59, 1737–1745, 2020. DOI:10.1021/acs.iecr.9b03304
- A facile synthesis of nontoxic luminescent carbon dots for detection of chromium and iron in real water sample and bio?imaging. Rupam Sinha, Anil P. Bidkar, Ravula Rajasekhar, Siddhartha S. Ghosh and Tapas K. Mandal, Can. J. Chem. Eng., 98, 194-204. DOI:10.1002/cjce.23630
- Synthesis of MoS2-CuO nanocomposite for room temperature acetone sensing application. Nirmal Roy, Rupam Sinha, Harshal B. Nemade and Tapas K. Mandal, J. Alloy. Compd., DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2022.164891
Manuscripts Under preparation/Review
- Room temperature synthesis of carbon dots with tunable gap energy and particle size from glucose. Rupam Sinha and Tapas K. Mandal. (Submitted)
- Carbon dots and ZnO conglomerated electrodes for optically responsive supercapacitor applications. Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy and Tapas K. Mandal. (Submitted)
- An Appraisal of Future Prospects of Carbon Dots. Rupam Sinha and Tapas K.Mandal. (Underpreparation)
- Paper based flexible and self-powered UV photodetector. Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy and Tapas K Mandal, Advances in Sustainable Research for Energy and Environmental Management (ASREEM 2021), 2021, SVNIT Surat, India.
- Cigarette: A source of photoluminescent N-doped carbon dots showing potential in photo- responsive application and explosive material sensing, Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy, Ravula Rajasekhar and Tapas K Mandal, International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering- 2020 (AdChE-2020).(Oral)
- SynthesisofN-dopedcarbondotsfromcigaretteanditsapplicationsinpicricacidandUVdetection, Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy, Ravula Rajasekhar and Tapas K Mandal, 6th International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterial and Nanotechnology (ICANN-2019), IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, India, 2019.(Poster)
- A Facile Synthesis of Nontoxic Luminescent Carbon Dots for Simultaneous Detection of Cr6+ and Fe3+ Ions, Rupam Sinha, Ravula Rajasekhar and Tapas K. Mandal, TEQIP III Sponsored 1st National Student Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering 2019, AEC, India.(Oral)
- Carbon dots photoluminescence technique to detect total Chromium in industrial wastewater, RupamSinha,RavulaRajasekharandTapasK.Mandal,TheInternationalNanotech&nanoscience Conference and Exhibition Nanotech France 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.26799/cp- nanotechfrance2019.
- Utilization of photoluminescent carbon dots for detecting Cr6+ ions. Rupam Sinha, Ravula Rajasekhar and Tapas K. Mandal, 12th International Conference on Complex Fluids and Soft Matter (COMPFLU -2018), December 6 – 9, 2018, IIT Roorkee, India. (Poster)
- Electrochemical reduction of CO2 into formic acid using Sn electrocatalyst as a cathode: A study on pH effect. Rupam Sinha, Agam Bisht and Tapas K. Mandal, Research Conclave 2018, March 8 – 11, 2018, IIT Guwahati, India.(Poster)
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Oral Presentation Award, Advances in Sustainable Research for Energy and Environmental Management (ASREEM-2021),SVNIT Surat, India. Paper based flexible and self-powered UV photodetector, Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy and Tapas K. Mandal.
- BestPresentationAward,TEQIPIIISponsored1stNationalStudentConferenceonAdvancesin ChemicalEngineering2019,AEC,India.,AFacileSynthesisofNontoxicLuminescentCarbonDots for Simultaneous Detection of Cr6+ and Fe3+ Ions, Rupam Sinha, Ravula Rajasekhar and Tapas K. Mandal.
- Invitedspeaker,Indo-UKJointWebinaronCurrentTrendsinChemicalTechnologyandMaterials Development, jointly organized by Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India and University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, Growth of Carbon Dot-Decorated ZnO Nanorods ona Graphite-Coated Paper Substrate to Fabricate a Flexible and Self-Powered Schottky Diode for UV Detection. Rupam Sinha, Nirmal Roy and Tapas K. Mandal.
- MHRD fellowship, India (2015-2020).
- TEQIP II fellowship, India (2013-2014).
Google Scholar Citations: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=Lns9N4IAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1