- Received N-PDF award from Department of Science and Technology, Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India Oct-2017.
- Out-standing oral presentation award in International Meeting of the Federation of Korean Microbiological Societies Nov 2016.
- Young scientist award in International symposium and annual meeting of Korean society of food science and technology, Aug 17-19, 2016, Exco, Daegu, Republic of South Korea.
- “Brain Korea 21 Plus fellowship” to work as Invited Research Professor in Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Chungbuk National University under the Republic of Korea Scientific Mobility Program 2016.
- CNPQ “Young talent fellowship 2014” under Science without borders program for Postdoctoral research in Brazil.
- Qualified UGC-(NET/SLET) for Assistant Professor.
- Qualified All India Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) entrance exam.
- Received scholarship from Ministry of Human Resource development (MHRD), Government of India, for pursing Ph. D. Programme in Department of Biotechnology, IIT Guwahati.
- Received scholarship from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India for undergoing training in Bio serve Biotechnologies Pvt, Ltd., Hyderabad. Biotech Industrial Training Program 2008-2009. Organised by Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Chungbuk National University Cheongju, Republic of South Korea- Research Professor. April 2016 – May 2017.
Project title –“Exploring the potential application of different pectic polysaccharides as prebiotic ingredients using standard intestinal microbial cultures and in-vitro gut model studies.
Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil- Postdoctoral Research. March 2015 – February 2016.
Project title –“Exploring the potential application of fruit juice for the economic production of industrially important oligosaccharides using immobilized dextransucrase from lactic acid bacteria (Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL-B512F strain) and transforming the orange juice in to prebiotic health drink”.
Department of Biotechnology, IIT Guwahati, Assam- Project staff (Postdoctoral Research). January 2014 - May 2014.Project title – “Development and application of recombinant and other cellulases for large scale recycling of cellulosic biomass”.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Goyal, A. A novel high yielding dextran from Weissella cibaria JAG8 for cereal food application (2013). International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 64, 346-354.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Goyal, A. Purification, optimization of assay and stability studies on dextransucrase isolated from Weissella cibaria JAG8 (2013). Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 43, 329-341.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Goyal, A. Identification of active site residues in novel dextransucrase isolated from Weissella cibaria JAG8 (2013). Journal of Protein and Proteomics 3, 223-230.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Goyal, A. Dextransucrase from Weissella cibaria JAG8 Inhibited by Lysine and Cysteine Specific Inhibitors. (2014). Current Enzyme Inhibition, 10, 143-149.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Kothari, D. Shukla, R and Goyal, A. Structural and biocompatibility properties of dextran from Weissella cibaria JAG8 as food additive (2014). International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition 65, 686-691.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Kothari, D. and Goyal, A. Superior prebiotic and physicochemical properties of novel dextran from Weissella cibaria JAG8 for potential food applications (2014). Food and Function 5, 2324-2330.
- Ghosh, A.* Verma, A. Jagan Mohan Rao, T, Shukla, R and Goyal, A. Recovery and purification of oligosaccharides from copra meal by recombinant endo-β-mannanase and deciphering molecular mechanism involved and its role as potent therapeutic agent (2015). Molecular Biotechnology 57, 111-127.
- Damini Kothari, Jagan Mohan Rao. T and Goyal, A. In vitro analysis of dextran from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-1426 for functional food application (2015). Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre. 6, 55-61.
- Jagan Mohan Rao. T, Aruna Raniand Arun Goyal (2016).Characterization of super paramagnetic nanoparticles coated with a biocompatible polymer produced by dextransucrase from Weissella cibaria JAG8. Journal of Polymers and Environment. 25, 569-577.
- Soumyadeep Chakraborty, Jagan Mohan Rao. T and Arun Goyal (2017). Immobilization of recombinant endo pectate lyase of family 1 Polysaccharide lyase (PL1) from Clostridium thermocellum ATCC 27405 and its application in bioscouring of cotton fabric. Biotechnology Progress. 33, 233-244.
- Lim SB, Jagan Mohan Rao. T, Kwon YW, Li L, Han NS (2017). Polyphasic microbial analysis of traditional korean jeung-pyun sourdough fermented with makgeolli. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 27, 226-233.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Gomes, W. Rodrigues, S. (2017). Efficient production of prebiotic gluco-oligosaccharides in orange juice using immobilized and co-immobilized dextransucrase. Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 183, 1265-1281
- Lim SB, Jagan Mohan Rao. T, Kwon YW, Li L, Jin-Ho S, Han NS. (2018). Isolation of lactic acid bacteria starters from Jeung-pyun for sourdough fermentation. 27, 73-78.
- Jagan Mohan Rao. T, (2018). Microbiota-accessible pectic poly-and oligosaccharides in gut health. Food and Function 9, 5059-5073.
- Jagan Mohan Rao. T, (2019). In-vitro prebiotic analysis of microbiota accessible pectic polysaccharides. Current Microbiology DOI: 10.1007/s00284-019-01781-x.
- Jagan Mohan Rao. T, Vinod, Y and Ahmad S. (2016). Chapter 6: 3-hydroxypropanoic acid. In Platform Chemical Bio refinery: Future Green Industry. Elsevier publisher, 101-117
Tingirikari J. M. R., Chaphalkar A, Barmukh R. K., Pandey V. P., Ahmed S. (2018). Microbial risk assessment in waste water treatment and management. Handbook of Environmental Engineering, McGrew Hill Publication 1, 521.
Muthu V.S., Karthiga A. K., Tingirikari J. M. R. (2018). Impact of Probiotics in Human Health and Disease Treatment. Nutraceutical and Functional Foods in Disease Prevention. IGI Global Publication 1, 35-67.
Tingirikari J. M. R. (2018). Functional Foods for Treatment and Prevention of Obesity and Its Associated Disorders. Nutraceutical and Functional Foods in Disease Prevention. IGI Global Publication 1, 93-124.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Production of dextran and oligosaccharides from Weissella cibaria JAG8 and Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL-B512F and its potential industrial application. International Meeting of the Federation of Korean Microbiological Societies, Nov 3-4, 2016, Kintex, Ilsan, Republic of Korea. (Young Scientist Lecture)
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Physico-chemical and prebiotic analyses of dextran from Weissella cibaria JAG8 isolated from apple peel. International symposium and annual meeting of Korean society of food science and technology, Aug 17-19, 2016, Exco, Daegu, Republic of South Korea. (Young Scientist Lecture)
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Wesley F. Gomes, Sueli Rodrigues. Transformation of orange juice in to prebiotic health drink using immobilized and co-immobilized dextransucrase. 43rd Annual Meeting and International Symposium of the Korean Society for Microbiology and Biotechnology, June 22-24, 2016, DCC, Daejeon, Republic of South Korea.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Integrating chemistry and physics in rediscovering biotechnology. Bio-Integration National Conference, Feb 25-27, 2015, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India
- *Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Arun Goyal. Synthesis and characterization of dextran coated superparamagnetic (Fe3O4) nanoparticles with potential biomedical application. International Conference on Harnessing Natural Resources For Sustainable Development: Global Trends, Jan 29-31, 2014, Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam, India (*Oral Presentation).
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T and Arun Goyal. Analysis of prebiotic potential of dextran from Weissella cibaria JAG8. 10th Convention of Biotech Research Society and International Conference on Advances in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Nov 25-27, 2013, D.Y. Patil Institute of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Pune, India.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Arun Goyal. Dextran produced from Weissella cibaria JAG8 with potential application in gluten free cereal products. V International symposium on Sourdough-Cereal Fermentation for Future Foods, Oct 10-12, 2012, Helsinki, Finland.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Arun Goyal. Inhibition studies of dextransucrase from Weissella cibaria JAG8 by UV and Fluorescence Spectroscopy. Conference on Photochemistry and Luminescence, (CPL 2012), Mar 9-10, 2012. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Arun Goyal. Screening and identification of glucansucrase producing lactic acid bacterium Weissella cibaria isolated from apple, 18th (Post ISCBC-2012) International Conference. Perspective and Challenges in Chemical and Biological Sciences Innovation Cross roads, Jan 28-30, 2012, Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST), Guwahati, India.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. and Arun Goyal. Optimisation of culture and assay conditions of glucansucrase from Weissella cibaria isolated from apple, 52ndAMI Convention and International Conference on Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable development Nov 3-6, 2011, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
- Jagan Mohan Rao, T. Shraddha Shukla and Arun Goyal. Optimisation of culture conditions for production and assay conditions of glucansucrase from Weissella confusa isolated from fermented cabbage, 7th BRSI Convention and International Conference on Genomic Sciences, Nov 12-14, 2010, Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai, India.
Invited Reviewer: Annals of Microbiology (Springer), Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology (Springer), Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology (Taylor and Francis), Journal of King Saud University-Science (Elsevier), Journal of Super Critical Fluids (Elsevier), Food and Function (Royal Society of Chemistry) .
- Departmental Academic Committee (DAC) member.
- B. Tech 3rd year Class Review Committee (CRC) member.
- B. Tech Question Paper Moderation Committee member.
- Department purchase committee (DPR) member.
- Department placement in charge.
- Faculty in charge for Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Microbiology and Cell Biology labs.
Institute out reach activities
- Tingirikari JMR (2018). In vitro studies on microbiota accessible pectic polysaccharides in gut health. At International Conference on Biotechnological Research and Innovation For Sustainable Development (BioSD-2018) and XV Annual Convention of the Biotech Research Society, India (BRSI) held at CSIR-IICT Hyderabad during Nov 22-25, 2018.
- Tingirikari JMR (2019).“Understanding the research methodology with the help of case study” in “Research Methodology in Science & Technology" workshop conducted on 31st July 2019 Organised by Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Science and Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Sponsored by TEQIP-III.
- Tingirikari JMR (2019). “Bioprocess technology: Challenges, products and opportunities” in “Recent trends in Bioprocess Technology, Products and Opportunities” workshop conducted on 13th September 2019 Organised by Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Science and Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Sponsored by TEQIP-III.
B. Tech Projects guided (2018-19):
1. T.V.S.S.S.L. Sri Teja (111514), and M. Haritha (111507). Evaluation of Bio emulsifying potential of exo-polysaccharide produced from lactic acid bacteria isolated from curd and banana.
2. K. Venkata Mounika (111506), and Shubham Tripathi (111511). Evaluation of Bio flocculating potential of exo-polysaccharide isolated from lactic acid bacteria.
Workshop or Symposium attended:
- XX National Symposium on “Bioprocess” and XI Symposium on “Enzymatic hydrolysis of Biomass” Organized by Federal University of Ceara,Fortaleza, Brazil, 01-04th September 2015.
- Symposium on“Environment and us” Conducted on World Environment Day, Center for the environment,Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 5th June 2012.
- Work shop on “Basic Techniques in Bioinformatics”. Bioinformatics Facility, Dept of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 12-14th October 2011.
- Work shop on “Genome annotation”. IITG Biotech Hub, Center for the environment, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 15th October 2011.
Professional Association: Life member, Biotech Research Society of India.
Institute level responsibilities: Served as Warden for B.Tech 3rd Year Boys Hostel , NIT Andhra Pradesh from Aug 2017 - continuing.
Extra curricular activities:
- Received N.C.C. (National Cadet Corps) “C” Certificate (Army wing) under the Ministry of Defense, Government of India, July 2000-May 2002.
- Active member of Barak Hostel, Mess Management Committee, IIT Guwahati from July 2011 – May 2013.