Peer Reviewed Journals (Published)
- Pichuka, S., & Maity, R. (2016). Spatio-temporal downscaling of projected precipitation in the 21st century?: indication of a wetter monsoon over the Upper Mahanadi Basin, India. Hydrological Sciences Journal, 62(3), 467–482. doi:10.1080/02626667.2016.1241882.
- Pichuka, S., Rajendra Prasad, R., Maity, R., & Kunstmann, H. (2017). Development of a method to identify change in the pattern of extreme streamflow events in future climate?: Application on the Bhadra reservoir inflow in India. Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 9, 236–246. doi:10.1016/j.ejrh.2016.12.084.
- Pichuka, S., & Maity, R. (2018). Development of a time-varying downscaling model considering non-stationarity using Bayesian approach. International Journal of Climatology, 38 (7) 3157-3176, doi:10.1002/joc.5491.
4. Pichuka S., & Maity R (2020) Assessment of Extreme Precipitation in Future through Time-Invariant and Time-Varying Downscaling Approaches. Water Resources Management. doi.org/10.1007/s11269-020-02531-6.
5. Pichuka S., & Maity R (2020) How far the CORDEX high-resolution data represents observed precipitation: An analysis across Indian mainland. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. doi.org/10.1007/s00704-020-03355-5.
6. Pichuka S., Maity SS & Maity R (2021) Benefit of Time-Varying Downscaling Model (TVDM) for the Assessment of Urban Temperature Rise. Modelling Earth Systems and Environment. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-021-01239-9.
- Pichuka S and Maity R (2015), Development of a Time Varying Downscaling Model Using Bayesian Approach and its Comparison with Statistical Downscaling Model, In the Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering (HYDRO-2015), December 17-19, 2015, IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
- Pichuka S and Maity R (2016), Impact of Climate Change on Monthly Precipitation during 21st Century in Upper Mahanadi Basin, India, In the Proceedings of 3rd National Conference on Sustainable Water Resources Development and Management (SWARDAM-2016), July 4-5, 2016, Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad - 431005, Maharashtra, India.
Pichuka S and Maity R (2018), Time-Invariant and Time-Varying Downscaling Approaches for the Assessment of Extreme Temperature Rise during 21st Century. The abstract is published in the proceedings of EGU-2018 session HS2.4.1, abstract. EGU2018-11645, April 8-13, held at Vienna, Austria.
Pichuka S and Maity R (2018), Assessment of Extremes using Time-Varying Downscaling Model. In the Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering (HYDRO-2018), December 19-21, NIT Patna, Bihar, India.
Pichuka S and Maity R (2018), Downscaling of Soil Moisture using Time-Varying Downscaling Model. Published in the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall meeting-2018 will be held at Washington DC during 10-14 December 2018.
- Pichuka S and Maity R (2019), Assessment of urban temperature rise using Time-Varying Downscaling Model. Published in the proceedings of National Environmental Conference 2019, January 31 – February 02, IIT Bombay, India.
13. Pichuka S and Maity R (2021), Time-Varying Downscaling Model (TVDM) and its Benefit to Capture Extreme Rainfall. ISBN 978-3-030-64202-0.
Title of the Project: How will Godavari basin respond in terms of rainfall distribution and streamflow variation owing to climate change?
Name of Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Subbarao Pichuka
Co-Principal Investigators (Co-PI): NIL
Sponsoring Organization: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Duration of Project: Two years.
- Awarded Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Govt. of India scholarship during M.Tech tenure (2010-2012).
- Awarded MHRD scholarship for research programme from January 2014 to January 2017.
- Awarded travel funding by IIT Kharagpur for travelling to Roorkee for presenting a research paper at the 20th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering (HYDRO-2015) held at IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, India, December 2015.
- Awarded full funding (travel and accommodation) by IIT Kharagpur for travelling to Vienna, Austria for presenting a research poster at the EGU2018 held at Vienna Centre, Austria, April, 2018.
- Awarded full funding (travel and accommodation) by IIT Kharagpur for travelling to Washington DC, USA for presenting a research poster at the AGU2018 fall meeting held at Washington DC, USA, December 2018.
- Awarded International Travel Support (ITS) travel funding from Department of Science and Technology (DST) Govt. of India for travelling to Washington DC, USA for presenting a research article at the AGU2018 fall meeting held at Washington DC, USA, December, 2018.
- I was a member in the technical team of Ganga River Basin Environment Management Plan (GRBEMP) and participated in the river survey during Feb-March (~6 weeks).
- Have led a team of 5 members for a 2-day soil sample collection drive in and around the villages near IIT Kharagpur campus as part of the project PMA, funded by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) in November 2014.
ACADEMIC WORK EXPERIENCE
National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh (NIT AP), Tadepalligudem (07-January-2019 to till date)
1. Engineering Geology.
2. Engineering Geology Laboratory.
3. Fluid Mechanics - I.
4. Fluid Mechanics - II.
5. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines.
6. Environmental Science and Engineering.
7. Watershed Management
8. Design of Hydraulic Structures
Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Basar (RGUKT, Basar) (July-2012 to Dec-2013).
1. Surveying in Civil Engineering – for 2nd year B. Tech students.
2. Advanced Open Channel Flow – for 3rd year B. Tech students.
3. Building Planning and Estimation – for 4th year B. Tech students.
4. Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics Lab – for 3rd year B. Tech students.
5. Surveying lab – for 2nd year B. Tech students.
6. Engineering Hydrology - for 3rd Year students.