- Working as an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Andhra Pradesh, Since December 2019.
- Worked as V & M Modelling and Simulation Engineer, in Cameron, a schlumberger company, Coimbatore, May - December 2019.
- Worked as a Predoctoral Researcher, in the Department of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras, January - April 2019.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India for a period of 13 months, June. 2014 – July 2015.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Bapatla Engineering College, Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh, India for a period of 7 months, September 2013 – April 2014
- Predoctoral Fellow: Solid Mechanics Section, Department of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras, India, January 2019-till date (Advisor: Prof. A. Arockiarajan)
Project Title: Interface effects in layered magnetoelectric composites using ABAQUS.
- Doctoral Research: Solid Mechanics Section, Department of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras, India, 2015 (July) -2018 (Dec), (Advisor: Prof. A. Arockiarajan)
Thesis Title: Nonlinear Hysteretic Behavior of Layered Magnetoelectric (ME) Composites
- Postgraduate Research: Structural Health Monitoring and Retrofitting Laboratory, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, India, 2011-2013 (Advisor: Prof. Sauvik Banerjee)
Thesis Title:Structural Health Monitoring of Metallic And Composite Structures using ultrasonic guided waves.
Publications in Refereed International Journals
- Santhosh, Kumar Gedela, Sk M. Subhani, and A. Bahurudeen. "Recycling of palm oil fuel ash and rice husk ash in the cleaner production of concrete" Journal of Cleaner Production (2022): 131736.
- Santhosh, Kumar Gedela, Sk M. Subhani, and A. Bahurudeen. "Sustainable reuse of palm oil fuel ash in concrete, alkali-activated binders, soil stabilisation, bricks and adsorbent: A waste to wealth approach." Industrial Crops and Products 183 (2022): 114954.
- Nagireddi Jagadeesh, Santhosh Kumar G, Shaik Mahabu Subhani, and Baranidharan S (2022), “Environmental Performance of Prefabricated Structural Elements for Cleaner Construction solutions – A LCA Approach” ACSE Journal of Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste, Volume 26, Issue 2, (https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)HZ.2153-5515.0000667) ISSN (print): 2153-5493
- Kumar Gedela Santhosh, Sk M. Subhani, A. Bahurudeen. “Cleaner production of concrete by using industrial by-products as fine aggregate: A sustainable solution to excessive river sand mining.” Journal of Building Engineering, 42(2021), 102415.
- V. Sai Elakkiya, Sk. M. Subhani and A. Arockiarajan, “A phenomenological approach to study the nonlinear magnetoelectric (ME) response of ME composites”, Smart materials and structures, 29, 2020, 015010.
- Sk. M. Subhani and A. Arockiarajan. “Study on axial resonance magento-electric (ME) effects of layered magneto-electric composites.” 77, 2019,103799, European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids,77, 2019,103799
- Sk. M. Subhani, S. Maniprakash and A. Arockiarajan. “Theoretical and Experimental analysis of temperature dependent nonlinear behaviour of tri-layered magnetoelectric composites”. Mechanics of Materials, 126, 2018, 111 - 125.
- Sk. M. Subhani, J. Arout Chelvane and A. Arockiarajan. “Experimental investigation of performance of tri-layered magnetoelectric (ME) composites under thermal environment.” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 51, 2018, 295001.
- Sk. M. Subhani, S. Maniprakash and A. Arockiarajan. “Non-linear Magneto-electro- mechanical response of layered Magneto electric composites: Theoretical and Experimental approach.” Acta Mechanica, 228, 2017, 3185−3201.
- Sk. M. Subhani, S. Maniprakash and A. Arockiarajan. “Nonlinear magneto-electro- thermo-mechanical response of layered magnetoelectric composites: Theoretical and experimental approach.” Smart materials and structures, 26, 2017, 105010.
- Sk. M. Subhani, S. Maniprakash and A. Arockiarajan. “Rate dependent nonlinear magneto-electro-mechanical response of layered magnetoelectric composites: Theoretical and experimental approach.” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 266, 2017, 65-75.
- Kumar Gedela Santhosh, Sk M. Subhani, A. Bahurudeen “Experimental study on compressive strength of alkali activated binders containing stone dust as a replacement of fine aggregate”, the International Virtual Conference on "Smart and Sustainable Development of Urban Green Infrastructure in India and Canada” organized by National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli from 25th to 26th March 2022
- Nagireddi Jagadeesh, Santhosh Kumar G, Shaik Mahabu Subhani, and Baranidharan S, “Environmental Performance of Prefabricated Structural Elements for Cleaner Construction solutions – A LCA Approach” Recent Innovations in Cleaner Technologies (RICT- 2021), 8th -9th March 2021, MNIT Jaipur, India.
- Sk. M. Subhani, S. Maniprakash and A. Arockiarajan. “Theoretical and experimental investigation of magnetoelectric (ME) effects in tri-layered composites”, 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (Solids, Structures and Coupled Problems),11-15 June, 2018, Glasgow, UK.
- Sikdar, S., Banerjee, S., and Subhani, S.M., 2013. “Detection of Disbond in a Honeycomb Composite Sandwich Structure Using Ultrasonic Guided Waves and Bonded PZT Sensors”, Proceedings of the 14th Asia Pacific Conference on non-destructive testing (APCNDT), Mumbai, India, 18-22 November, Paper ID 139, 2013.
- Mandal D., Banerjee, S., and Subhani, S.M., 2012. “A Baseline Free Technique for Health Monitoring of isotropic Plate-like structures using Built-in PZT Network and Guided Lamb Waves”, National Conference on condition Monitoring of Engineering systems & Structures., Pune, India, 2012.
Grants and Honors
- Selected for Institute Research Award for the doctoral research carried out at IIT Madras.
- Bestowed with Prof V Ramamurthy Best Thesis Award in department of Applied Mechanics at IIT Madras
- Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) fellowship, Government of India (July 2015-December 2018)
- MHRD fellowship, Government of India (July 2011-June 2013) Secured All India Rank 179 In GATE 2010.
Organization of Courses/Conferences/ FDPs etc.:
- Organized a five day faculty development programme on "Advances in Theoretical and Computational Mechanics" during 26-30 October, 2020
Out Reach Activities:
K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
Kallam Haranadhareddy Institute of Technology
Name of the work
- Mix Design of M30 Grade Concrete for CC road at Nidadavolu (Completed)
Food Corporation of India -Vijayawada
- Mix Design of M30 Grade Concrete for CC road at Penneda (Completed)
Food Corporation of India -Vijayawada
- Mix Design of M30 Grade Concrete for CC road at FSD-KC Depot (Completed)
Food Corporation of India -Vijayawada
- Structural Stability of E.V.M.M High School Building at Tadepalligudem Municipality (Completed)
- Unconfined Compression Tests On Deep Soil Mixed Specimens From Gap I At Polavaram Irrigation Project (Completed)
Bauer Engineering India Pvt Ltd
- Structural auditing of ganty systems located on NH-16 (Ongoing)
Safeway concessions Pvt Ltd
- Proof checking of designs and drawing of medical college at Adoni (Ongoing)
Murthy and Manyam (Architects and Engineers)
- Structural auditing of seven NVS schools loated at different locations of Andhra Pradesh
Hindustan steel works constuction Ltd
- Third-party quality assurance (TPQA) works for EMRS at different locations of Andhra Pradesh (Ongoing)
EPIL and NESTS
- Reinforced concrete design