Supervisor Name: Prof. Faiz Ahmed Khan
Research Stream: Synthetic methodologies and natural products synthesis
Thesis Title: “Formal Synthesis of Varitriol and Total Syntheses of cis and
trans-Neocnidilides, and Syntheses of Spiro Dihydrofurans and
Tetrahydrofurans from Norbornyl alpha- Diketones”
Postdoctoral Research Experience:
02. Bee Eng Mary Chan, Surendra Hittanahalli Mahadevegowda, Wenbin Zhong, Mallikharjuna Rao Lambu, Jianghua Li and Zhangyong Si, Biodegradable Polyimidazolium and Oligoimidazoliums. WIPO PCT WO2021/242174A1, Dec. 02, 2021.
01. Bee Eng Mary Chan, Chun Kiat Yeo, Nguan Soon Tan and Surendra Hittanahalli Mahadevegowda, Biofunctional Hydrogel for Wound Healing. United States patent US2021244846A1, Aug. 12, 2021.
List of Research Publications :
14. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda, L. Ruan, J. Zhang, S. Hou, C. Raju, M. B. Chan-Park, Synthesis of dimeric and tetrameric trithiomannoside clusters through convenient photoinitiated thiol-ene click protocol for efficient inhibition of gram-negative bacteria, Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, 2021, 40, 83-96.
13. S. Hou,†Surendra H. Mahadevegowda,†D. Lu, K. Zhang, M. B. Chan-Park and H. Duan, Metabolic Labeling Mediated Targeting and Thermal Killing of Gram-Positive Bacteria by Self-Reporting Janus Magnetic Nanoparticles, Small, 2020, 2006357. † = Both authors contributed equally, Impact Factor = 13.281
12. W. Zhong, Z. Shi, Surendra H. Mahadevegowda, B. Liu, K. Zhang, C. H. Koh, L. Ruan, Y. Chen, M. S. Zeden, C. J. E. Pee, K. Marimuthu, P. P. De, O. T. Ng, Y. Zhu, Y. R. Chi, P. T. Hammond, L. Yang, Y.-H. Gan, K. Pethe, E. P. Greenberg, A. Gründling and M. B. Chan-Park, Designer broad-spectrum polyimidazolium antibiotics, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA (PNAS), 2020, 117, 31376-31385. Impact Factor = 11.205
11. Z. Guo, J. X. He, Surendra H. Mahadevegowda, S. H. Kho, M. B. Chan Park and X. W. Liu, Multifunctional Glyco Nanosheets to Eradicate Drug Resistant Bacteria on Wounds, Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2020, 2000265. Impact Factor = 9.933
10. V. Barat, M. Budanovic, D. Halilovic, J. Huh, R. D. Webster, Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and M. C. Stuparu, A general approach to non-fullerene electron acceptors based on the corannulene motif, Chemical Communications, 2019, 55, 3113-3116. Impact Factor = 6.222
09. S. Hou,† Surendra H. Mahadevegowda,† V. C. Mai, M. B. Chan-Park and H. Duan, Glycosylated Copper Sulfide Nanocrystals for Targeted Photokilling of Bacteria in the Near-Infrared II Window, Advanced Therapeutics (Weinheim, Ger.), 2019, 2, 190052. † = Both authors contributed equally.
08. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda,† S. Hou,† J. Ma, D. Keogh, J. Zhang, A. Mallick, X.-W. Liu, H. Duan and M. B. Chan-Park, Raman-encoded, multivalent glycan-nanoconjugates for traceable specific binding and killing of bacteria, Biomaterials Science, 2018, 6, 1339-1346. † = Both authors contributed equally, this research work was highlighted in front cover page of the issue. Impact Factor = 6.843
07. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and M. C. Stuparu, Amphiphilic Corannulene Derivatives: Synthetic Access and Development of a Structure/Property Relationship in Thermoresponsive Buckybowl Amphiphiles, ACS Omega, 2017, 2, 4964-4971. Impact Factor = 3.512
06. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and M. C. Stuparu, Thermoresponsive Corannulene, European Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2017, 570-576.
05. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and F. A. Khan, Diastereoselective Synthesis of Tetrahydrofuran Unit of 6¢-epi-Varitriol from 5-Oxabicyclo[2.1.1]hexane Derivative, Indian J. Chem., Sect. B: Org. Chem. Incl. Med. Chem., 2015, 54B, 958-964.
04. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and F. A. Khan, Diastereoselective Synthesis of Spirocyclic Dihydrofurans and 1-Oxaspiro[4.5]decan 6- one Derivatives from Norbornyl alpha-Diketones, European Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015, 858-870.
03. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and F. A. Khan, Total syntheses of (±)-cis- and (±)-trans-neocnidilides, Tetrahedron Lett., 2014, 55, 4400-4403.
02. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and F. A. Khan, Synthesis of the Tetrahydrofuran Unit of Varitriol and gamma-Butyrolactones from 5-Oxabicyclo[2.1.1]hexane Derivative via Oxidative Cleavage Reactions, Tetrahedron Lett., 2014, 55, 2266-2269.
01. Surendra H. Mahadevegowda and F. A. Khan, Grob-type Fragmentation of 5-oxabicyclo[2.1.1]hexane System: A Strategy for Synthesis of Annulated and 2,2,5-Trisubstituted Tetrahydrofurans, Tetrahedron, 2013, 69, 8494-8504.
COPYRIGHT © 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - NIT ANDHRA PRADESH