Dr. KIRAN TEEPARTHIFaculty Incharge Game and Sports
NIT Andhra Pradesh firstname.lastname@example.org
“THERE MAY BE PEOPLE THAT HAVE MORE TALENT THAN YOU, BUT THERE’S NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE TO WORK HARDER THAN YOU DO.”
“The Institute provides ample avenues for the development and nurturing of creative and other talents in the students through Sports Department. The prime bodies under sports department is activity center and GYM, which provide avenues for various sports events, indoor and outdoor games. Students are also encouraged and facilitated to take part in similar events in other institutions the prime objective of inducting games and sports in a technical institution of repute is to provide ample facilities to the students to pursue at least one game of his/her choice and attain proficiency, derive pleasure and relax through this healthy medium, enabling competitive world of today. physical education and sports are introduced as compulsory subject for engineering student in 1st & 2nd Semester.”
Why is physical education important for youth?
Research shows that increasing circulation and blood flow to the brain can improve concentration and performance. 1. Teach youth the health benefits and importance of regular physical activity. Help youth develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills they need to adopt and maintain a physically active lifestyle.
Benefits of physical activity for Students
Regular physical activity can help adolescents: -
- Sports help in the all-round development of human personality.
- improve cardiorespiratory fitness.
- Stronger bones. Children need to exercise to avoid losing bone density through inactivity.
- Reduced risk of becoming overweight or obese.
- Reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Lower blood pressure.
- A healthier heart.
- Reduced risk of cancer.
- Better emotional health.
- More energy.
- reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
“EXERCISE TO STIMULATE, NOT TO ANNIHILATE”
tips to exercise safely: -
Exercising regularly has wide-ranging physical, emotional and social health benefits. You need to exercise safely to remain healthy and injury-free. If it’s safe and painless, you’re more likely to stick to it! Safety is about using common sense, understanding basic techniques and listening to your body.
Here are some tips to stay safe and injury-free:
- Be aware of your body. Think about how the particular exercise is making you feel. If something doesn’t feel right, stop immediately and seek medical advice.
- Warm up and cool down.Try slow stretches and go through the motions of your sport or activity before starting. Cool down with slow stretching.
- Pace yourself.Have at least one recovery day each week to rest. If you are experiencing pain, rest until the pain has gone.
- Mix it up.Try other sports and exercises to reduce the risk of overtraining.
- Strap or tape.If a joint is prone to injury, consider strapping or taping it before exercising. Even better, see an exercise physiologist or physiotherapist to obtain a program to strengthen the injured area and get advice on proper taping techniques.
- Stay hydrated.You can lose around one and a half liters of fluid for every hour of exercise; so, drink water before, during and after a session.
- Be weather aware.Take it easier in hot weather and wear clothing and sunscreen to protect yourself from the elements.
- Do it right.Try to get the technique right from the beginning, to ensure you are using your muscles correctly.
- Check your gear.Make sure your shoes and equipment fit properly and are right for the activity. Look after your equipment and check it regularly for safety.
Summer Camp(Sports) 2023
INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY 2022
ANNUAL SPORTS DAY
75crore suryanamskar program
COMMON YOGA PROTOCOL